How to download? It says "Not available on Windows"...
Spell of Mastery Preview Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Spell of Mastery is a turn-based strategy, inspired by classic games, such as Lords of Chaos, Spellcraft, XCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics. Set in fantasy world, the Spell of Mastery puts player in control of Wizard Guild, hired by kingdom to protect it from incoming invasion. Explore dungeons, protect cities from plundering monster hordes
This is a short demo, presenting basic game's concepts, with most features, like world map and map editor being disabled. Please note that the game is still in alpha stage of development, therefore unoptimized and prone to crashes. The demo should run well on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 PCs with average configuration. When run on emulators there could be some slowdown with mouse cursor.
Controls W,A,S,D - move camera; Q, E - change floor.
Any donations will be used to fund further game development of this game.
Game's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/spell.of.mastery/
Version 0.7 changes:
- Fog/smoke breaking line of sight.
- A new spell to create mist, which allows sneaking around enemies.
- A ton more fixes to wall cutting graphics.
- Better detonate spell's icon.
- Fixed bug with AI player's units activating triggers intended for human player only.
- Fixed update of tiles inside fog of war.
- Minor optimization to tileset loading.
- Fixed burning of objects under the flame and burning platform objects, so they get properly replaced with ash and units on top of them fall down into flame.
- Fixed unit transparency, so thin objects, like obelisks near portal and windows, wont block vision.
Version 0.6 changes:
- Fire, lightnings and explosions now burn down grass and other flamable objects, like trees and boxes.
- Focus on AI's spell target.
- A few more fixes to wall cutting graphics.
Version 0.5 changes:
- AI no longer casts spells at invisible player's units.
- Waterfall animation.
- Less confusing wall top graphics.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It is a zip archive. Maybe you're using 32bit version of Windows? 32bit OSes are not currently supported.
Putin is GOD!
I can't manage to launch the game. I'm using Windows 7. Maybe I miss some required directx or something.
Here's the content of my command prompt :
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
bad: show: XAudio2: Couldn't create mastering voice
FIXME: implement stack_trace
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
That is SDL2 thing. I got this error, when tested on emulator with unsupported soundcard. I will update SDL version in future, and maybe even get rid of it in favor of DirectX or OpenGL.